Friday, November 18, 2011

Working Mom's Quick Quiche

My Mom has been making this quiche recipe ever since I can remember. Since she was a working Mom it was convenient to make ahead and reheat. She would make it before my Dad went on hunting trips or when friends and family would visit. One time our dog even ate an entire quiche off the counter! Talk about a ticking time bomb. Now it's my turn to entertain so I asked my Mom for her recipe. We're having a large group over for brunch on Sunday. I hope they enjoy it as much as I have growing up!

Ingredients:

3 Eggs (room temperature)
½ cup melted butter
1 ½ cup milk
¼ teaspoon salt
dash pepper
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
½ cup cooked & cubed ham or cooked & crumbled bacon
Add whatever you’d like mushrooms, spinach, peppers, other cheeses, etc.

Directions:

Place all ingredients into a blender except meat & cheese. Blend well. Pour into a greased 9” pan/pie pan. Put cheese & meat over top and push gently into butter, milk, etc. mixture below surface. Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Salsa and sour cream are optional toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment