Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sorry Starbucks, My Perfect Pumpkin Spice Latte is Homemade

I love Autumn. Cool mornings, warm afternoons, and the promise of holidays right around the corner.  Several years ago I feel in love with the Starbucks pumpkin spice latte and now it is another sign that the season has arrived. I started experimenting with this recipe at home last year and have perfected it to my liking. If you don't like coffee, or you want to share with kids, this recipe is good as a steamer too!

1 cup 2% milk
1/2 cup regular coffee
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Whip cream
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Pinch of vanilla bean powder

Whisk together milk, coffee, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla in saucepan over medium heat. Pour into your favorite mug and top with whip cream. Sprinkle nutmeg and vanilla bean powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment